Here are just a few of the many fun, family-friendly, and free Summer 2017 Activities in Oxford, Mississippi:
1. Summer Sunset Series – Every Sunday in June, free concerts take place in The Grove on the University of Mississippi’s campus on Sunday evenings starting at 5pm.
- June 4th: La Fusion (Latin and Jazz) (presented by Yoknapatawpha Arts Council
- June 11th: And the Echo (synth-pop) (presented by The University Museum)
- June 18th: Rocket 88 (Americana / Rock / Juke-Joint Gospel) (presented by the Oxford-Lafayette County Chamber of Commerce & Economic Development Foundation)
- June 25th: Blackwater Trio (Acoustic) (presented by the Ole Miss Student Union) Special event tied in with the Mississippi Bicentennial Celebration in North Mississippi
2. Movies in the Park – The Oxford Park Commission is proud to present another great Movies and Music at Avent Park lineup. All shows are free. Music starts at 7 p.m.
- June 9th – Boyd and Evens (Music) and Sing (Movie)
- June 23rd – Honeybee and Boots (Music) and The Jungle Book (Movie)
- July 7th – TBD (Music) and Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 (Movie)
- July 21st – TBD (Music) and Zootopia (Movie)
3. First Friday Free Sketch – University Museum is hosting free sketch days on the first Friday of every month June 2nd and July 7th from 10am to 6pm (Drop-In).
4. Oxford Art Crawl – The Double Decker bus will run throughout the event, and it will make several stops at the Museum, the Square, on campus, the Powerhouse, and more.
- June 27th
- July 25th
- August 22nd
5. Bailey Woods Trail or Whirlpool trails – Grab a bike or a friend and check out the trails behind Rowan Oak or the Whirlpool Trails. Do some exploring!
6. Oxford LOU 4th of July festivities – Tuesday, July 4th activities begin at 7:30am with “Stars and Stripes On the Square” 5K run and ends with fireworks over the Oxford-University Stadium-Swayze Field at 9pm.
7. Oxford Square Alliance Summer Fest – July 29th. Side-walk sales around the Oxford square with fun activities on the courthouse lawn.