By: Hanna Teevan
Well, the holidays are officially here, people! You may not yet be in the holiday spirit, which is totally fine, there’s still time! If you’re having some trouble ridding yourself of resting grinch-face take a ride through the Square at night with some Christmas music and that should do the trick. And if that doesn’t work, try embracing the one time of year when shopping until you drop comes guilt-free!
Whether your tree needs some sprucing or you can’t think of what to bring to your office Christmas party, below are some of our favorite ornaments (in no particular order) found around town. These make great gifts for a fellow Oxonian or a relative that visits occasionally and just adores Oxford.
- This ornament sums it up quite nicely. It features the courthouse, town name and bits of the Square. There’s even a double decker bus featured to the right! Perfect for any and all holiday gatherings and gifting. Neilson’s Department Store
2. These hand-painted Grove ornaments are perfect for anyone that has ever visited the Grove for a home football game. Whether they are a Rebel or not, it’s a great souvenir for anyone you’ve ever tailgated with! Remember: We may lose the game, but we never lose a party. Mississippi Madness
3. This beautiful ornament of The Lyceum belongs on your tree. Complete with its own padded box for safekeeping, this ornament makes for a great gift for anyone on your shopping list that has ever step foot on the Ole Miss campus. The Lily Pad Gift Shop
4. These hand-painted wooden double decker bus ornaments are a great solution to that big gap you might find in your tree. A hole-filler and a pop of color, these ornaments are a fun gift for your coworker or yourself! Visit Oxford
5. You may be thinking, “I love the double decker bus, but I don’t have room for a big ornament this year!” Here’s another beautiful bus alternative. If you tend to decorate your tree with a little more sparkle, this ornament would fit in perfectly with its gold glitter accents. Katherine Beck Gifts
6. This adorable ornament is great to have on your tree if you have children or children visiting for the holidays. This ornament isn’t Oxford-specific so it can go for any Mississippi household! Katherine Beck Gifts
7. Perfect for the science or history lover in your family! You can now bring a little of Barlow’s Planetarium home with you. The University of Mississippi Museum
8. An Oxford icon, a telephone booth ornament is a must-have on your tree. This one specifically has some extra glitz, the more glitter the merrier, right? Multiple gift shops carry telephone booth ornaments, but this one can be found at Oxford Floral.
9. Another ornament that is not Oxford-specific, this makes the perfect gift to any fellow southerner in your friend group or family! Need I say more? Olive Juice Gifts
10. The ornament every Oxonian and Rebel needs on their tree this year. For years we have thrown our “fin” up for Landshark defense, but now it’s time to add a shark to your ornament collection. You may be one of those fans that will always and forever simply claim yourself a Rebel, never a Landshark, but how fun is this glittery little guy? Olive Juice Gifts
11. Another general Mississippi ornament, this magnolia is great for any Mississippian near and far from home. Small but mighty, this glittery ornament surely won’t blend in with the rest of them. Olive Juice Gifts
12. Another hand-painted wooden ornament, this telephone booth would surely stand out on your tree! It’s not quite as large at the wooden double decker bus listed above but its red paint certainly pops. Visit Oxford